Friday, July 21, 2017

5. Heretics

What started out as an interesting interview ended up so badly. Usually my opening questions are used to probe the person. Likes, dislikes, which offensive jokes are viable (most of the time people are sensitive to racist, dark or terrorist jokes) and sexuality (gender, mind you) are some of the topics I use to probe my interviewee. When we touched a similar topic, it was like love at first sight. We were relating to each other, we knew what we meant when we use unfamiliar and sometimes racist phrases. But then I asked him a a question, one which was deep for me. I was baffled by his shallow answer, then I asked why? he simply replied "it doesn't concern me". He basically denied all that we've discussed so far. Have I been living a lie all this time? I just hope people don't follow trends just cause, well, they're trendy. Follow what you like, not what society wants you to like.

No comments:

Post a Comment